LAST UPDATE: 8/26/2020
We collect or store certain information of individuals, or have access to some of the information through third party service providers, including your: real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, email address, account name. Certain information is also collected for all parties by Google Analytics such as a unique client identification assigned by Google, age, gender, interests based on cookies the user has when visiting our website, physical location, including country, state and city, language, browser and device type as well as device network.
This information is collected to better serve our customers, to identify you if you have questions and to be able to respond to you, to identify your interests and to complete the transaction for purchasing product.
We do not collect social security number, driver’s license number or state identification card number, passport number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, medical information, or health insurance information or other similar identifiers.
We do not maintain information of Protected Classification Characteristics (under California or federal law). This includes: Race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental health disability, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or genetic information.
We Do Not sell any information regarding those that may use our Website.
We Do Not Collect:
- Biometric Information
- Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Other Similar Information.
- Professional or Employment-related information.
- Education Information – Information regarding Inferences Drawn from Personal Information
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information:
Information, collected through Google Analytics, includes, but is not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with the Website, application, or advertisement. The information is not provided to us on a detailed basis, primarily indicating a very high-level category or basis of the types of websites people have visited.
Microsoft Office 365 – this service is used to receive and deliver email communications. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name, email address or zip code, or other information (as indicated in paragraph 2 above) that is voluntarily submitted by you at the time the information is collected. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: Through Google Analytics we automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. Google Analytics may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked. We also use Microsoft Office 365, which is used to receive and deliver email communications. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To market products through display or affiliate advertisements;
- To market to you on third-party platforms, such as Facebook;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To develop new products and services;
- For research, evaluation of use, and troubleshooting purposes;
- To comply with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity; or
- How we otherwise have your consent.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. The information may be disclosed to a third party for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties: (1) to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purpose for which we disclose it to them; (2) to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures (we contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them); and (3) to our affiliates for related business purposes.
The companies listed below are “Service Providers,” which are defined as “a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, or other legal entity that is organized or operated for the profit or financial benefit of its shareholders or other owners, that process information on behalf of a business and to which the business discloses a consumer’s personal information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract, provided that the contract prohibits the entity receiving the information from retaining, using or disclosing the personal information for any purposes other than for the specific purpose of performing the services specified in the contract for the business” or “retaining, using, or disclosing the personal information for a commercial purpose other than providing the services specified in the contract with the business.”
The Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- EMAIL SERVICE PROVIDER – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications. Microsoft Office 365 will also track information regarding your interaction with our emails, such as whether they have been opened or you have clicked on a particular link.
- OTHER THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND SOFTWARE – we use certain form builder software for customers to voluntarily fill out on our site in order to provide us with contact and other relevant information for us to provide information and potentially sell products and services. The information we collect is described in paragraph 2 of this policy. At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion. Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
We also use and transfer personal information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this Website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to verify your information, approve your registration as a user of the Website;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- for our business purposes.
In the last 12 months, we have disclosed these categories of personal information about consumers for a business purpose:
- Personal identification information such as real name, postal address, online identifier, IP address, email address, and account number.
- Internet or other electronic network activity, including but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Site.
This Website uses Google Analytics to analyze traffic to the Website. In order to track usage, Google Analytics places a cookie with a randomly generated Client ID on your browser. Google does use your personal information such as your IP address in order to capture reporting for the Website regarding usage. You may opt-out of Google Analytics through a Browser Add-on, which is available here.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, your information is not publicly visible.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
To opt out of display advertising, visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
- Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
- Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here
- Pinterest: Opt-out of Pinterest remarketing here
- Instagram: To adjust your Instagram privacy settings please learn more here
- LinkedIn: Opt-out of LinkedIn remarketing here
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
The Waxman website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 13 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
GDPR – RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Throughout this policy, we have disclosed what information we collect and how it is used. Under GDPR, you also have the following rights:
Right to Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact us at the email below to be removed from our mailing list.
Right to Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request.
Right to Amend – You may contact us to amend or update your personal information.
Right to Be Forgotten – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data.
Right to Fair Processing – You have the right to the fair processing of your personal information and transparency over how we use your personal information.
Right to Object – You have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing and you have the right to object to decisions being taken by automated means that produce legal effects concerning your or similarly significantly affect you.
The right to otherwise restriction our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You may exercise any of these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law. Unless you exercise such rights, we reserve the right to retain your data.
CCPA – RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a resident of California, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”). Throughout this policy, we have disclosed what information we collect, how it is used, and the types of third parties that may receive your information. Under CCPA, you also have the following rights:
Right to Access – You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the personal information we collect and how it has been used over the past 12 months. After we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following:
- The categories of your personal information we collected;
- The categories of your personal information we sold;
- The categories of any third parties to whom we have sold your personal information;
- A list of which categories of your personal information we sold to each party; and,
- The categories of your personal information we disclose for business purposes.
Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. Please note that this right does not apply when we need to retain your personal information in order to do the following:
- Provide goods or services to you;
- Detect or resolve security or functionality-related issues;
- Comply with the law;
- Conduct research in the public interest;
- Safeguard the right to free speech; or,
- Carry out any actions for internal purposes that you might reasonably expect.
Right to Non-Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under CCPA. In particular, we may not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices for goods or services, whether through denying benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or,
- Threaten you with any of the above.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell any personal information.
How to submit a verifiable consumer request
To exercise these rights, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Contacting us at email@example.com.
- You may also contact us at Waxman Industries, Inc., Privacy Office, 24460 Aurora Road, Bedford Heights, Ohio 44146 or by calling us at (800) 531-3342 ext. 4357 (HELP) and leave your contact information and reason for the call.
Please note that only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of a minor child.
You may only make a request under these rights twice in a twelve-month period. Your verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information (or that it is an authorized representative acting on your behalf);
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand and respond to it.
NEVADA PRIVACY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE INTERNET FROM CONSUMERS ACT
Pursuant to the Nevada Privacy of Information Collected on the Internet from Consumers Act (“NPICICA”), Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of any personal information. As described above, your personal information may be shared with third-party service providers/operators in order to fulfill purchased products or to communicate with you. We do not sell (which is defined in the NPICICA as “the exchange of covered information for monetary consideration by the operator to a person for the person to license or sell the covered information to additional persons”) your covered information, which includes:
- Your first and last name;
- Your address;
- Your email address;
- Your phone number;
- Your social security number;
- Any identifier that would allow you to be contacted either physically or online; or,
- Any other information concerning you, collected from you by the Website and maintained by us, in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable.
If you have any questions regarding our usage of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and (800) 531-3342 ext. 4357 (HELP) and leave your contact information and reason for the call or by mailing your request to Waxman Inc., Privacy Office, 24460 Aurora Road, Bedford Heights, Ohio 44146
Security of your Personal Information
Waxman follows generally accepted industry standards for the protection of the personal information that you submit, both during transmission and after receipt. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we do not guarantee the security of any of your private transmissions against unauthorized or unlawful interception or access by third parties.
Your Right to Complain